Home > Departments > Ministerial >
If you are looking for the monthly report that is to be filled out and submitted by each pastor, please download the "expense report" from the FORMS page.

To receive any Financial Assistance for Continuing Education or Degree Programs  you must have pre-approved by ADCO. Expense Request Forms will not be accepted if, a request has not been approved.

Graduate Degree Policy  

Doctor of Ministry Policy

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Northern California Conference of SDA Explanation of Continuing Education Policy

The Ministerial Department of the North American Division strongly recommends that you as a pastoral worker take a minimum of 20 hours (2 units) of continuing education every year to sharpen your ministerial skills, strengthen your knowledge base, and recharge your spiritual batteries. Care should be given to selecting classes that best meet your personal and professional needs for growth.

To whom does the Continuing Education Policy apply?
Continuing education reimbursement is offered to all pastors except ministerial interns who have not completed one year of field service after their residence attendance at the seminary. (For individuals who do not expect to take seminary training this translates to three years of field experience.) It is thought that experience in the field helps each pastoral worker see more clearly what classes might best meet the individual needs.

What is the C.E. Subsidy Limit?
Each year a pastoral worker may request to attend one or two helpful seminars. The NCC Budget provides a limited fund of $500 per worker for reimbursement of continuing education expenses.

How can approval to attend a CE event for reimbursement be obtained?
Send in a Continuing Education Request Form. Attendance at all classes or seminars for which reimbursement is desired must be first approved on the Continuing Education Request Form prior to the seminar. E-mail the Request Form to the NCC Ministerial Department.

What if a seminar I wish to attend is not sponsored or taught by Adventists?
On the Continuing Education Request Form give a description of the class and what you expect to gain from the class with a copy of the brochure and other advertising materials. Submit these materials to the Ministerial Department for consideration.

How does one receive reimbursement for attendance at the CE event?
Following attendance at a CE event, complete the Continuing Education Expense Report, attach the required receipts (as noted on the form), and e-mail to the Ministerial Department. Reimbursement will be included in your month-end payroll check. 
Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists | 401 Taylor Blvd. | P.O. Box 23165 | Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 | (925) 685-4300 | info@nccsda.com