Home > Departments > Student Literature Evangelism/Youth Rush >
Q: How long are the summer programs?
A: Youth Rush is a ten-week summer program. It usually begins in early June and ends early August.

Q: Will we take time off?
A: Yes. There is a “home leave” weekend in the middle of the summer. There is also a multi-day spiritual event at the end of the summer where all the students from different programs get together.

Q: How much commission will I earn?
A: Commission is 35%. At the end of the program, students who complete all ten weeks will receive an additional 15% retroactive commission bonus.

Q: How will I be paid?
A: You will be paid monthly by check.

Q: How do I get a matching scholarship?
A: The matching scholarship comes from the educational institution which you, the student, are attending. Different schools have different policies—check with your school. Most schools simply want actual funds, plus a statement from us explaining your summer earnings. We provide this statement to every student after the end of the summer. Note: Some schools do not provide matching scholarships

Q: I attend a non-SDA school. Will I still receive the earnings of my summer of canvassing?
A: Yes, you will still receive your full earnings, even if you decide to attend a non-SDA school. However, certain SDA schools provide a matching scholarship amount in addition to your canvassing earnings.

Q: Who is behind the Youth Rush program?
A: The Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists sponsors the Youth Rush programs within its territory.

Q: Can I request certain locations, or to be with my friends?
A: Yes, you may request a certain location assignment or to be with a certain other student. However, because of the complexities of program balancing (gender, age, experience, territory, etc.), we cannot please everyone, and we do not guarantee that your request will be granted. (Hint: Early applicants get their requests more often.)

Q: What documents will I need to bring to the program in order to verify my eligibility for employment in the United States?
A: The federal I-9 employment authorization form explains what documents are required.
Steve Gutierrez
Literature Ministries

(909) 253-3550
Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists | 401 Taylor Blvd. | P.O. Box 23165 | Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 | (925) 685-4300 | info@nccsda.com