Pedersen began service as President for the Northern California Conference on February 1, 2006. He is a native Californian having been born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. Pedersen has B.A. degrees from Pacific Union College in both history and theology. Also, he has a Master of Divinity Degree from Andrews University. He was ordained to the gospel ministry in 1983.
Pedersen served for 20 years as a pastor in the Southern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists before moving to Northern California in 1997 where he pastored the Napa Community Seventh-day Adventist Church. From 1999-2001, he was Assistant to the President, prior to being elected Conference Secretary and then President. He has participated in evangelism both in the local church as well as in the Philippines, Russia and in Peru. His service has included membership/leadership on numerous committees and boards. In addition, he also is an engineer for the Leoni Meadows G&R Railroad.
“Serving the Lord is a real joy and privilege,” says Pedersen. “Each day brings new opportunities and challenges in this responsibility.”
Jim met his wife, Debi, at Pacific Union College and they now make their home in Napa. They have two adult daughters, Stacey and Lisa. Jim shares with his wife a passion for cooking. Together they have authored two vegetarian collections, Meatless Easy-Oven Cookbook andMeatless Fast and Simple Cookbook. He also enjoys music, stamp collecting, large-scale model trains and collecting RCA Victor memorabilia.
Pedersen is optimistic about the future. “I am convinced that the Lord has big plans for the Northern California Conference. The team we have here in Northern is committed to promoting and growing the Kingdom of God in every way possible. With God’s blessing, we will see His Kingdom flourish here.”
THE BYLAWS STATE that the President of the Northern California Conference will serve as the chairman of the Conference Session and the Executive Committee, and act as the chief executive officer.
SOME OF THE DUTIES OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER INCLUDE:
- Providing spiritual leadership to employees and the entire church membership
- Developing and leading a program that will fulfill the purpose of the Conference as outlined in the Bylaws
- Being involved in the process of recruitment, training, and assignment of Conference employees
- Giving guidance and leadership to departmental directors of the Conference
- Serving as chairman and member of various boards and committees within the Conference, and promoting continuity with the total work of the church by also serving on boards and committees of denominational organizations and institutions
- Promoting communication between Conference leaders and members of the churches
Executive Administrative Assistant to the President
Assistant to the President
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant to the President
Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists | 401 Taylor Blvd. | P.O. Box 23165 | Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 | (925) 685-4300 | email@example.com