Dr. Marc Woodson began serving as executive secretary for the Northern California Conference November 1, 2007. He is a native of Southern California and a product of Adventist Christian education. Woodson has an associate degree in communication and a bachelor’s degree in theology from Oakwood University, a master of divinity degree from Andrews University, and a doctorate in ministry from Fuller Theological Seminary.
He is an ordained minister and has served in various capacities for over 20 years as a campus chaplain, youth pastor, associate pastor and senior pastor at the Mt. Rubidoux Adventist Church in Riverside, California. Before coming to Northern California, Woodson served the Southeastern California Conference as the associate youth director, where he supervised local church youth pastors, trained youth and young adult leaders, and planned youth events.
The Executive Secretary works with the President and Treasurer in the operation and strategic planning of the Conference Administration. According to the Northern California Conference Bylaws, the Executive Secretary is to keep the minutes of the proceedings of the Conference Sessions and Executive Committee meetings, and to act as vice-chair of the Executive Committee.
Other duties that pertain to the office include:
- Approving and issuing credentials and licenses to all eligible workers
- Administering and supervising the work of local church clerks relating to membership transfers, baptisms, deaths, etc.
- Reviewing and recommending the development of local church organizations to the Executive Committee, such as branch Sabbath schools, affiliate groups, companies, churches
- Maintaining full and complete record of the proceedings of the Executive Committee and Constituency Session
- Providing counsel and advice to pastors and local church leaders as it relates to the SDA Church Manual and other policy matters
- Processing all travel requests for Conference workers and for overseas missions projects
- Countersigning all papers and documents that require the Executive Secretary’s signature.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Click here for more information.
Emeritus Credential Application
For retired ordained pastors who want an emeritus credential
Mission Trip Application
Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists | 401 Taylor Blvd. | P.O. Box 23165 | Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 | (925) 685-4300 | email@example.com